Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer
HeyKiki New York, NY
HeyKiki is an aggregation platform for the education space (Kayak for class/activity search). We are building the largest repository of classes as well as assigning a proprietary 'Kiki Score' to each class in our system based on an internal analysis of trust and quality. HeyKiki provides class suppliers with a targeted, cost efficient marketing channel and provides users with a comprehensive search experience.
We are at an exciting stage as HeyKiki has been selected to be part of the DreamIt Ventures 2013 NYC Summer Accelerator Program which will provide you with exposure to seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs within the NYC tech community.
HeyKiki is looking for a talented, passionate Ruby on Rails developer who enjoys writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code to enhance our current platform and help influence the product at an early stage.
- 4+ years building web applications
- 3+ years of web development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL
- Capabilities with HTML(5) and CSS(3)
- Experience with Solr/Sunspot
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (git) and application deployment
- Experience with test/behavior-driven development
- Experience with testing frameworks (RSpec, Test::Unit)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Ability to work in an agile, iterative, fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to mentor/lead junior developer(s)
- Attention to detail
- Experience scaling web applications
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Startup experience
- Contribution to open source projects